Ten Miler/4 Miler
Faster Course! Ten-Mile racers will enjoy a beautiful point-to-point route through the Roaring Fork Valley. This race will start just above the intersection of Dry Park Road and Thompson Creek Road. The first 6 miles are on a rolling dirt road with an overall descent. The final 4 miles are a fast downhill on the road that will take you back to Sopris soccer fields, near the registration area. Four-Mile racers will follow the last four miles of the 10-mile course.
Both courses are overall downhill courses. Expect some fast times!!!
10 Miler: 8:00 a.m.
4 Miler: 8:15 a.m.
Smilin’ Sam: 10:30 a.m. Race will be begin and end at finish area.
Start Line and Finish Area Locations:
Buses will transport all runners to their start lines. Buses will leave no later than 7:30 a.m. for 10 mile race. The buses will be departing from Glenwood
Park located on Sopris Drive just past Sopris Elementary on the left. (Here is a link http://mapq.st/134q6n2) For the 4 mile race buses will be For the 4 mile race buses will be leaving continuously from 7:30 a.m.
Click here: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/75995978
What you get when you participate:
- Finish Line Food and Drink
- A new Personal Record! Course is Fast!
- FREE Live Concert
- Spectators cheering your every step
COURSE SAFETY RULES & PROVISIONS
- Traffic will be open in both directions, so please be cautious!
- We will have several course marshals on the course to help direct runners and traffic.
- EXTREME CAUTION! On Four Mile Rd (which is most of the 4 mile course and miles 6-9 of the 10 mile course) we are requiring runners to use the left shoulder and 1/4 of the left lane. Although traffic will be lighter during the early hours, there is a one-mile stretch that will require runners to use extreme caution. This stretch has three sharp curves, with one lane shut down for runners only and manned by safety personnel. We ask that all runners run single file and stay in the left lane.
- No dogs, strollers, or headphones are allowed on the course.
- All courses will close by 10:45 a.m.
- Aid Stations every 2 to 3 miles that include water, sports drink, race fuel foods and medical supplies
- On-call medical care
- Course Marshalls
- Many enthusiastic volunteers